Sunday, March 31, 2019

In My Feelings: A collection of thoughts



What I want my magazine to portray

  • I want my magazine to be for anyone
My magazine breaks the stereotype of the typical fashion magazine because t does not use models that are typical 5'7 and frail. A model for drip. is a magazine is that is inclusive, anyone can be model for drip. By breaking this stereotype I am expanding my audience. In doing so, I think I achieve my goal for inclusivity.

In the delimitation of model diversity, it allows me to make drip. a safe place for teens to be okay with being themselves. This adapts my magazine to my audience. Typical fashion magazines create an unreachable standard for beauty. Models for drip. will optionally wear makeup. I chose to do this because don't want a model to look perfect. This makes my model more vulnerable allowing them to be themselves. In doing so, I hope that the readers know that it is okay to be themselves and that beauty comes in many forms.


  • I want it to be light-hearted and fun
I intend to convey this through the use of bright colors, geometric shapes, and fun facial expressions.
I also will use several different fonts to make my magazine seem more fun.


Content

  • Relateable
I want the content to be relatable to the experience of being a teenager/ young adult. I intend to do this by using my genre representation research as a guideline. I also want to portray this by addressing the process of finding oneself and understanding who they are and what they stand for. I will mention the use of social media because it is essential in order to understand my target audience.


  • Variety
There needs to be variety to make my magazine more dynamic. My magazine has to be different than other fashion magazines, there has to be a defining factor that sets my magazine apart from others. I will do this by realistically thinking about how my audience is thinking about a topic that I address. This allows me to realize the delimitation in my access to my audience, I go to a school full of 5000 students so this gives me the ability to truly understand young adults. Also being a teenager helps, in understanding my audience.


thinking...
-Alexa :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Last Song: My Final Product

Thank you for your help and support. I am proud to introduce you to the first issue of drip. magazine. Canva (Prefered) https://www.canva...