Sunday, March 3, 2019

Layout Inspiration

The following contains magazine covers and mock-ups that

I have made based on those magazine covers.

Image result for paper magazine
PAPER MAGAZINE: Paper Magazine is a fashion/ pop culture magazine that is known for its cover pages.  They can be quirky or edgy in the creation of their covers. This cover, for example, contains Kylie Jenner a fashion icon to people within my target audience.  Since I clearly don’t know any famous people, I would have to focus on appealing to my target audience by focussing on issues/ things that they care about such as taking Insta worthy photos, looking good, being yourself.
The mock-up created on the idea that fashion can convey the multiple aspects of a person. Retrospect I think that I should have added more text in the background to situate the context better. I think need to do research on my target audience so that I can create a better sample layout for my magazine.
Magazine, Paper. “Kylie Jenner Covers Our YOUth Issue.” PAPER, PAPER, 4 Apr. 2016, www.papermag.com/kylie-jenner-paper-magazine-youth-issue-1707570853.html.
HARPER’S BAZAAR MAGAZINE: Harper’s Bazaar (HBM)is a fashion magazine that gives outfit inspiration to its monthly subscribers. America’s first woman's fashion magazine produced in 1867. From couture to thrifty, Harper’s Bazaar serves as guidebook to fashionistas.
By looking at my mock-up in comparison to HBM I realize that direct eye contact is key in a magazine cover. The model on the HBM cover is looking straight at the consumer. There is no doubt, she is confident. I want the models in my pictures to portray that sort of confidence in what they are wearing because a good outfit will make a person unapologetically confidence. Confidence is also key in a photo if there is confidence in a photo creates finesse, which is for the most part aesthetically pleasing so that people don’t just take at my magazine.
Magzter Inc. “‎Beautiful Bizarre Magazine.” App Store, Publisher: Disney Publishing Worldwide, 5 July 2016, itunes.apple.com/us/app/beautiful-bizarre-magazine/id1128374657?mt=8.


ELLE MAGAZINE: Elle Magazine is a fashion magazine focused on making the “common woman” look good through its beauty and hair tips along with ways to adapt looks from their closet. Through looking at several magazines from Elle it's clear that they are trying to fool you into thinking that they “woke up like this”, there are no theatrics. The people that are on the cover of Elle simply are who they are which makes this magazine beautiful in its simplicity.
I think I a going to add a beauty section to my magazine because I think that my target audience would value makeup tips.
Maybe on my Table of Contents, I can make one of the titles for the Beauty Section say “Your New Nighttime Regime: How to Wake up Flawless.

Person. “Gigi and Bella Hadid Wore No Makeup on the Off-White Runway.” ELLE, ELLE, 1 Mar. 2019, www.elle.com/beauty/a26583973/gigi-hadid-bella-hadid-makeup-off-white/.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Last Song: My Final Product

Thank you for your help and support. I am proud to introduce you to the first issue of drip. magazine. Canva (Prefered) https://www.canva...