Sunday, March 24, 2019

10 Steps to Understanding Personal Style

This is a practice editorial.

1. It's all about you!
A good look is wearing a personalizes version of what you like and looking confident in it. You can find inspiration from social media, magazines, street style, or history.


2. Be practical 
Set a budget. What I like to do is set a budget. I limit myself to spending $120 on a shopping trip.  Buy what you think you need. Buy something that you can wear anywhere rather than something you would only wear once.

3. Don't be defined by labels. 
It's okay to wear labels but don't become an advertisement. A part of dressing well is looking for what suit you. Labels can be worn with other clothing integrated into your personal style.

4.  Be frugal. 
When shopping on a budget limit the amount you spend per item. I try to spend $15 and under, but I am willing to make an exception for a cute jacket. The best items ( the ones on sale) are always at the back of the store. Shopping is worthwhile when you save more. You would be surprised at what you can find in the sale section, the gem of any clothing store. 


5. Try it 
What looks good on the mannequin may not look good on you. We all have different body types. Are clothes should represent our shape. We shouldn't have to squeeze into something that does not fit us.  What is important is trying on items to see what looks best on your figure.

6.  Be Creative!
When creating a good outfit it is good to add a piece with your personal flair to it.  I like adding my ripped jacket with patches to my favorite concert shirt to make my outfit more interesting. For styling a denim jacket you can add pearls, or patches, buttons, paint, lace or tule. For the non-artsy person, I recommend adding buttons and patches. For someone handy with a needle and thread I recommend sewing on some lace or tule ruffles or pearls. An artsy person can paint a design onto a jacket. Or you could try this your self or ask someone you know to do this for you.



7. Think about quality.
When buying clothing you should take quality into account. This is the major exception to your budget. If you think a $30 item will last our more than three years it is worth the extra $15 dollars. If your budget is higher than this than you can splurge on a couple designer items.


8. Style evolves.
Trends change our style changes with it. It's good to integrate new trends into our personal style. A part of having good personal style is being able to a personal touch to clothes you find anywhere.

9.  A good outfit makes you smile. :)
The reason why I dress well is that it makes me feel good. People drink coffee to help them get through the day. Dressing well is my Monday morning pick-me-up. This is why I think finding your personal style is so important. To me, it gives me added confidence and is a daily necessity.

10. Anyone can dress well. 
Dressing well is not confined to fashion influencers. This is something for anyone. I hope these tips helped.




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Last Song: My Final Product

Thank you for your help and support. I am proud to introduce you to the first issue of drip. magazine. Canva (Prefered) https://www.canva...